From past experience, I knew that the stuff at the thrift shops are pretty good (mostly) and definitely cheap, so I didn't think too hard -- whatever I liked, I threw into the basket. Then I tried all the stuff in the basket and discarded those that didn't feel comfortable or didn't fit well. Everything else... well, you can see the haul below.

Cost of everything above? $73.Item count: 1 waterproof anorak ($8), 4 sweaters ($1.50 each), 7 long-sleeved tops ($2-3 each), 7 thinner long-sleeved tops ($3 each), 1 pair of black jeans ($3), 2 pairs of boots ($12, $6), and 2 items for Mike ($3 each, bottom left hand of picture). The reason why the sweaters were so cheap as compared to the long-sleeved tops was because I got the sweaters from St Vincent de Paul and the long-sleeved tops mostly from Goodwill, and SVdP is a cheaper thrift shop than Goodwill (sounds funny, ain't it?).
It was all incredibly cheap and the only reason I didn't get any more was because the stores were closing. I arrived at SVdP at 4:20 and it closes at 5; then I walked across the street to Goodwill, which closes at 6. But it was a good thing -- I barely managed to struggle back with this haul as it is.
Another incredible thing is the condition of the clothes -- some of the tops were practically brand new (tag from original store still attached; I suspect these are overstocked items donated by the original stores), and the sweaters, well, they were washed and worn to a comfortable softness. True, the boots were a little worn, but then, I think the leather will last. One of the boots, btw, is Nine West. Most of the brands I don't recognize, though I have bought brands such as DKNY and Ralph Lauren from thrift shops at a couple of dollars before.
Right now, I'm still basking in a post-shopping satisfied gloat. =D
I really regret buying a pair of sleep pants and long-sleeved top from Target on Sat, where 2 items cost me about $29! So I think I'll return those 2 items...
No comments:
Post a Comment