For those of you who have played the Sims, you'd know what i mean. For those who don't the game is a life simulator where you make your family of Sims go about their daily home lives, from going to the bathroom, to preparing meals, and even making woo-hoo.
There is no set objective to the game, but one of the ways one can tell what is going on in the family is the status bars of the residents at home - there is one for hunger, another for bladder, and a few others for aspirations, comfort, social interaction, and, fun. The player can also adjust the parameters of the game to better suit his/her objectives for the Sims. Well adjusted Sims, with great home environment, enjoying their lives and achieving well, in their careers and all else, will have consistently high status bars.
Anyway. I am feeling like my fun meter is quite low now. I have a bit of a headache, after not sleeping enough on Monday morning, and not so well this morning. And there is some stress coming from having 3 courses to prepare for, with quite a lot of reading to do. The stuff is interesting, and I like the readings - it's exactly the kinds of texts that I want to read, but right now, i think i am feeling overwhelmed. I'm on the computer, at the desk, and I browse the web idly, looking for something that will up the Fun meter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Michael,
Hang in there.. initial stages r usu tougher. I can imagine how the feeling of being overwhelmed is like.. feeling a bit of that too, with applications and revision (for gre)..
But once u've settled in, things will just self-run..
Btw, mind if i post a link to your blog from mine? (thoughtsonphysics.blogspot.com --- not quite just thoughts on physics, tho it was initially intended to be, as a platform to share with students abt physics, but it's become my personal blog now.)
Oh, and Hi, Serene! :) and take care, both of u!
You are welcome to link to this blog, but I dunno if it'd be relevant to the people who'd read your blog. :)
Post a Comment