For the last few days, since Tuesday afternoon, I have been staying at home. I did not leave the place. Not even to throw my trash at the outdoor dumpster (no rubbish chute). Amazing, but true.
Till this morning, when I had to go meet someone at OISE.
The thinking was such: I was feeling poor, my stipend payment had not arrived yet, and going out meant, in one way or another, spending money. I had all the groceries I needed to eat in (and I did so), and I did not need to go watch a movie/buy clothes/buy CDs/shop/whatever. And I think I get spoilt by the knowledge that there are three 24 hour grocers within 5 minutes walk from where I am, so I don't have to rush to make sure I have my food items before the sun sets and the shops close.
So I stayed at home, cooked my own food, and entertained myself watching videos on the computer. And I did not notice that the garbage, even meticulously tied up in the corner of the room, was starting to emit malodorous fumes. Until, of course, I left the room, and came back.
It seems like this will be a new habit of mine - to stay indoors for days at a stretch, unless, of course, I need to go to OISE for my GA duties which have not been assigned yet. Not the best thing. Because one only gets that much exercise sitting and photosynthesizing before a LCD panel. Because one only gets that much sunlight in a day.
Right now, I feel a bit more relieved, since the funding payment has been made, and I am feeling like I should be going out to get stuff - like replenish the diminishing stock of rice. But I am feeling lazy, and also, I am feeling like I should save as much money as possible, and spend only when I absolutely have to; and there's still the brown rice, dried udon, dried soba, and spaghetti.
So I think I'll stay indoors for more...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You ought to run, or cycle. Don't have to spend money doing either. Just need to eat a little more after.
yeah, see. spend more money. :(
Or work out like mad, but eat the same amount. Then you'll be a lean, mean, studying machine.
Get a cheap set of dumbbells and just do sets plus skipping. Trust me, you're going to get fat just sitting around all day. It's happening to me :P
i'll prob take more walks around. walking is really comfortable, at least in the autumn. And then when it becomes bitterly cold, I'll go to the gym at the athletics centre, which I already paid for - in the school fees.
Post a Comment