Got a pedometer when I went to the AC today. Free. $12 deposit when I return it, not sure if there's a due date but $12 for a pedometer is not expensive. Like how a supermarket trolley costs $1.
Anyway, this is a very simple device, works on detecting the motion by your hips. It clips onto your waist and has 2 modes: steps, and time. Nice. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow. It's an approximately 5km return trip to work, and according to this, that's only about 6250 steps. Another rough rule-of-thumb calculation is 500 steps in 5 mins, so the hour I spend walking each day is about 6000 steps. That's not a lot at all because according to the same website,
(According to some stats on that same website, the top 3 steppers this week logged 50913, 16283 and 15049 steps a day on average. Now the 2nd and 3rd placed numbers are believable, but I'm a little incredulous over the top ranked guy's numbers. At 50913 steps, that's over 40km a day, or over 8 hours walking! But then again, you can also count steps while running, so maybe he ran a lot.)
Anyway, this is a very simple device, works on detecting the motion by your hips. It clips onto your waist and has 2 modes: steps, and time. Nice. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow. It's an approximately 5km return trip to work, and according to this, that's only about 6250 steps. Another rough rule-of-thumb calculation is 500 steps in 5 mins, so the hour I spend walking each day is about 6000 steps. That's not a lot at all because according to the same website,
5,000 - 7,499 steps/day is "average" for most people but is not enough to provide all the health benefits of walking.and
10,000 or more steps/day is a good target and puts you in the “active” category.That's my aim. Yeah. The "active" category.
(According to some stats on that same website, the top 3 steppers this week logged 50913, 16283 and 15049 steps a day on average. Now the 2nd and 3rd placed numbers are believable, but I'm a little incredulous over the top ranked guy's numbers. At 50913 steps, that's over 40km a day, or over 8 hours walking! But then again, you can also count steps while running, so maybe he ran a lot.)
1 comment:
Hey, I also have one. But it's not really accurate you should give or take a hundred at least.
Post a Comment