So Jess's ready to pop any day now! I'm feeling excited for her and a little disappointed I won't be in Singapore to see it all happening.
After I had left Singapore, Jess found out she's pregnant. My first thought? Whoa, then the farewell drinks we had at Mt Faber a couple of nights before we flew... that little bit of alcohol should be ok, yeah?
It's strange. She's not the first person I know to have a baby of course, nor is she the first of my peers to do so. But Jess and I go way, way back and you know that odd phenomenon where something only becomes *real* when it happens to someone close to you? So at the back of my mind, I guess I'd have kids some day, just not this day. And Jess and I have talked about having kids before, talked about other friends' kids before... but it still seemed a faraway concept, until now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment