Thursday, April 10, 2008

ReNe: is it weird to like to do laundry?

Argh. I had planned to do laundry tonight -- mostly because all 3 of my sports bras are in the basket and I won't be able to go to the AC (Athletic Centre) until I do laundry -- but I totally forgot until now, when it's past midnight.

Mike finds it funny that I like to do laundry. Not just like, I genuinely enjoy it very much. I get upset if my plans to do laundry do not pan out. In St Louis, when I was bored and lonely, I did a lot of laundry. And even though I'm now staying in small rented apartments (i.e. no bamboo poles and no place to stick them), I generally avoid using the dryer and take the trouble to hang the wet clothes to dry indoors. Saves energy and money too.

So far, nobody I know likes to do laundry. On the other hand, whenever I say I dislike cooking, a lot of people are surprised. Because a lot of people like cooking, apparently. It occurred to me: if household chores were like jobs, it's all good for me. I like doing something few people like; I dislike doing something most people like --> my services should be in high demand and I can always find someone to do for me what I don't like doing.

No comments: