I've heard of Monty Python for a long time, but hadn't actually known what their films were like. In fact, I actually thought it was one film, called 'Monty Python'....
Anyway. Recently, I've watched 'Erik the Viking' and 'The Meaning of Life'. I saw a bit of 'The Life of Brian' but didn't really like it so I didn't finish it. 'Erik the Viking' was all right, a little simple (I'm certain I've watched it before, when I was very young).
'The Meaning of Life' ... that was hilarious. It took a while to get into the plot, if there was one in the first place, but I'd say I really started enjoying it right after the Middle of the Film. It seemed random and all over the place, yet managed to come together. It reminds me very much of 'Little Britain', and especially 'Hitchhiker's Guide'.
Hm. What did I like about it? The story was simple, yet twisted. There were blatant (*extremely* blatant) sexual inneundoes, and some even more direct than that, everywhere. Bare boobs and outrageous scenes of gore. The sex-ed lesson. Mustn't forget the drag queens. And throughout it all, the extremely polite language.
Friday, February 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment