Feeling accomplished today.
In the morning, various administrative stuff at the OISS, bank and departmental office got done, and in the afternoon, it was apartment hunting.
The first I looked at was very old. Calling it 'classic' would be kindly. I liked the hardwood floors, generous closets and slightly tall ceilings, but the kitchen was really odd. There were no windows, which would make venting cooking fumes difficult, and the cabinet doors tended to stick.
The second was upon a friend's recommendation, which I have to say plays a huge part. I liked the layout of the unit, especially the counter between kitchen and living area, the little balcony, and the free Wi-fi. The place was also newer than the first. The only thing I didn't like about it was the carpeting... It's thick-pile carpet. Luxurious, but it's gonna be a bitch to clean I think, and really warm in summer.
Still, I was not particularly fussy and didn't want to look around too much, so I placed a deposit on the spot. After all, I mostly liked it, with the exception of the carpet, it was within my budget and quiet. If I really didn't like it, I'd simply find another place to stay once the lease is up. It's not like I'm buying an apartment. =)
And in the evening, Rene and Chialing picked us up to watch Les Misérables at the Muny. For free. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment