The Toronto harbourfront is quite beautiful, and amazing in the sense that for us who have had little prior experience with lakes, looking out onto Lake Ontario looks more like looking out into an ocean. In terms of the built up landscape, certainly VivoCity Singapore has a better thought out infrastructure and amenities. But then, VivoCity also is too caught up in the grips of the consumerist machine for my taste - it's like a huge, monopolising behemoth focussed on taking your money. Toronto's harbourfront, in contrast, is more like a warren of separate businesses, huddled together in the same place, and revelling in the frequent arts, music and just-for-fun festivals that take place year round. People go to the Toronto waterfront for more than just to deliver money to the local tenuously-linked-to-the-government business. They celebrate the seasons, cultural diversity (and a real one, I must add, not state held rigid boundaries like C/I/M/O (wtf is up with 'O'?)), actually sail boats, and thoroughly enjoy themselves.
Anyway, enough soapboxing. This photo was taken at Toronto's harbourfront, and I like it. Do you? :)
Thursday, August 27, 2009
At the Harbourfront
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment