A recent conversation topic chain over lunch one day went along the lines of, "internet generation", which led to other 'generations' including "Gen X", which led to "what you listened to if you were Gen X", which led to "Nirvana", which reminded me of "Queen".
Don't ask.
So somehow, I ended up idly surfing youtube for 'Queen's songs' (how ever did we manage before instant-gratification-net?), and yeah, wow, I'm once again hugely impressed by Freddie Mercury's sheer talent. Some people have issues with his sexuality but hey, he's a singer, not your boyfriend. Does it matter?
On another note, talking about generations -- I feel a little old. I use the internet a lot, I work with it, am practically addicted to it, but I'm not from the so-called 'internet generation', or 'Gen Z', who grew up with the internet. I'm not even from the 'Gen Y', but am at the tail end of 'Gen X'; i.e. since my time, two more generations have been defined. Trouble is, bandying words like 'generations' around makes me think of a typical demographic generation, and if TWO other generations after me have been defined...
Friday, August 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment