Saturday, January 12, 2008

ReNe: a xmas carol, belated

A belated post, and some nice photos. The girls and I went to see 'A Christmas Carol', the Dickens one, on the 3rd of December. Cynthia got us free tickets. Normally, they would easily cost at least $20, I should think. One of the nice things about being a Wash U grad student -- many freebies.

From left: me, Tope, Treeza and Cynthia.
The musical was held in Fox Theater and I was pleasantly surprised by the opulence of the refurbished theater. Even the restrooms had chandeliers.



Me and Cynthia.

The inside of the theater was just as grand as the outside, and I spent some time before the show started fiddling around with my camera settings so as to attempt to capture the grandeur. Since I dislike using the flash, I figured setting it on ISO400 and an overexposed setting should do it.




The show itself was all right. Of course I knew the story, and while I'm normally not a big fan of productions or plays, I quite enjoyed myself. The actor playing Scrooge was really, really good. Some of the characters, particularly the minor ones, tend to be overdone (I mean, was there a real need for the 2 maids to screech on and on and *on* bout what a miser he was?) but the lead actor played his role perfectly.

No comments: