Monday, January 21, 2008

ReNe: snowy scenes of st louis, belated


Some shots I took the week before I left St Louis. Happily, it snowed heavily in that last week. It feels pretty special to experience the first snowfall of that season, and when I was in Toronto for Thanksgiving at the end of Nov, I got to see the first snowfall in Toronto. There were a couple of miserable flurries in St Louis after the Thanksgiving weekend, where the snow practically melted as soon as it hit the ground. Then two weeks later, before I left, it snowed and heavily. Right up till I left, the skies in St Louis were still mostly blue and sunny.

This was taken from the basement of a friend's (Treeza) apartment, where the laundry and dryer machines are. Somehow, the photo turned out quite bluish, and I thought it was a rather nice effect.

I liked the look of the icicles. Snow in St Louis tend to melt quickly because days are often sunny. Even as I was watching, I could hear the sound of meltwater dripping.

Yup, all those footsteps in the otherwise pristine snow were mine. I was trampling up and down to do laundry.

This was taken at Delmar Ave after a night out with the girls. It was already snowing and by the time we finished dinner, it started to snow heavily.

Walking back to Delmar station after dinner. Treeza's on the right, in the black jacket, and Jung Hee's on the left.

Treeza again. Look at the snow coming down... we were all freezing. Definitely under-dressed.

And even though we were all complaining of cold, we still encouraged Cynthia to make a snow angel....

No comments: