Friday, October 26, 2007

MiKE: Autumn is here. Don't believe?

Hard not to believe that autumn is here, and winter is actually approaching. The sun has now been setting no later than 7, and most of the time anyway, the heavy clouds make sure there is no direct sunlight even at 4-5pm, like now as I write. The temperatures have been maxing out in the teens, though there have been a couple of days, especially last weekend, where it was unseasonably warm at 25 or so. Anyway, here are a couple of pictures that I thought to upload before i accidentally delete the project folder, which i did twice(!):

Bloor Street West, looking west. This is the street along which I have three 24 hour grocers, where I get my food from. I happened to have the camera in the bag this particular grocery trip, and had to stop and take a shot of this.

and also this picture. Same scene.

On the way to OISE this morning. This is looking north at Spadina. I am actually on the road median, and the streetcar actually runs underground to Spadina subway station, just under where I was standing.

Someone probably had to walk home barefeet that day... These trees are outside the U of T department of sociology, which shares the building with the University of Toronto Schools, a gifted education program run by the U of T. If I were a betting person, my money would be on the teenage kids that did this.

A wider shot of the same scene. As you can see, it was pretty sunny. Trees have really turned colour, and it is starting to look really pretty.

On other fronts, work is getting pretty interesting. I remember writing someone and saying that I'm actually happy to be this busy. There is a certain aspect of being happily engaged with work that is satisfying, and I'm experiencing that right now.

Ok, gotta go. Have to work... :)

No comments: