As Mike said, one reason for our lack of activity on this blog has been, and still is, Ryan. He turned three weeks yesterday and it's surprising how such a tiny newborn can run two adults utterly ragged. Two adults who currently have no other responsibilities other than to take care of him, no less -- I'm on maternity leave and Mike's taking a short break from his studies for a couple of weeks.
I said, one reason. When I was expecting, for various reasons I didn't feel like shouting out to the world that I was pregnant. Partly it was paranoia -- what if something went wrong? Partly it was because it was our delicious little secret, at least for a while. And, some things we just prefer to keep private; our thoughts and feelings. I had a lot of my mind when I was pregnant -- in addition to the planning and worrying about the future, there were also a lot of reminiscing about the past (to our childhoods) -- and these thoughts weren't something I was prepared to share with all and sundry.
Of course there are many other aspects I'd love to share, especially since Ryan's absolutely adorable. I guess I'll be posting more in the future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment