If you've learned driving or riding, you've probably heard of some funny horror stories about the tests. You know, the ones where someone did something amazingly stupid or is just plain unlucky, resulting in an immediate failure. In my case (my test was 20 Oct, last Wednesday), I 'failed' even before I left the parking lot; the car refused to start. For a minute I thought I forgot something stupendously simple and silly, but in the end, it turned out to be a serious problem (some fried electronics).
I called Mike after the test. "The good news is, I didn't fail. The bad news is, I didn't pass either."
I called Mike after the test. "The good news is, I didn't fail. The bad news is, I didn't pass either."
My instructor was very apologetic and offered to pay for my lost deposit, and I really couldn't get angry at him or anything since this is really nobody's fault. Still, it was such a disappointment. Mike had passed the day before and we had big plans to rent and drive out to see the fall colors, etc. Plus, I had practice lessons on Monday and Tuesday, and so had a good momentum going. The next available test date is more than a month away! I definitely would need a refresher lesson or two by then.
No comments:
Post a Comment