This time I am quite certain that I did 12 laps, in 11:47. I was monitoring the timing with each lap, making sure that each lap time had the second counter less than the 12 o'clock position, which means that each lap was less than a minute. I did get a little demoralized and slowed down at the beginning of lap 9 though - I realized that I had 4 more laps including the one that I was starting on, and I think I actually took a full minute to do that lap.
After the 2.4km run, I did a bit of weights for upper body exercise, and then I climbed onto the elliptical trainer. I got it figured out - I was thinking about it since the last time I was running on the track. It appeared that the trainers were not connected to any power supply, which meant that the electronics was probably driven by the pedal motion converted into electricity via a dynamo. I started pedalling, and the electronics came to life. That much is pretty plausible - it is not hard to design very low power electronics, but then I still cannot figure out how the device is able to adjust the resistance.
On the trainer, I maintained an approximately 150 pace cadence at a 150 heart rate for 15 minutes, though I wonder how precise the heart rate monitor is, which measures by two sensors at the handgrips.
Today though, I did not go have pizza, instead I shopped at Bloor Superfresh, and had dinner at home instead. Just as well: tomorrow morning there will be water disruption, so I guess I have to eat out for lunch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment